Skip to main content

IS VEGAN MAKING MY LIFE MORE POSITIVE?

Veganism has been a transformational journey for me. A journey about compassion and also a journey about pain. It still hurts me so deeply to see all of the sufferings in the world. At the same time, it warms my heart that people are becoming more open to this lifestyle and saving animals as a result. Besides this friction between pain and joy, they’ve been some other significant learnings since I became vegan almost three years ago. In this post, I’ll be sharing my honest experiences and lessons of what it’s like to be vegan. This is not a post about glorifying veganism. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.  I think many vegans are so focused on putting themselves in the best light in an attempt to inspire others to make the change. I get it. This very blog is a primeexample of that. However, there’s also value in absolute honesty in what it’s really like to live a vegan lifestyle. It’s refreshing to see the challenges and what you could potentially expect. Note: since publish...

Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)

Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)
Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)

Get Started on Amazon Audible

Get Started on Amazon Audible
Click on the image to learn more about Amazon Audible

IS VEGAN MAKING MY LIFE MORE POSITIVE?


Veganism has been a transformational journey for me. A journey about compassion and also a journey about pain. It still hurts me so deeply to see all of the sufferings in the world. At the same time, it warms my heart that people are becoming more open to this lifestyle and saving animals as a result. Besides this friction between pain and joy, they’ve been some other significant learnings since I became vegan almost three years ago. In this post, I’ll be sharing my honest experiences and lessons of what it’s like to be vegan. This is not a post about glorifying veganism. In fact, it’s quite the opposite. 



I think many vegans are so focused on putting themselves in the best light in an attempt to inspire others to make the change. I get it. This very blog is a primeexample of that. However, there’s also value in absolute honesty in what it’s really like to live a vegan lifestyle. It’s refreshing to see the challenges and what you could potentially expect. Note: since publishing this post, we’ve also recorded a podcast episode about the vegan trade-off. So without further ado, here are my top 6 honest experiences of what it’s like to be vegan.



Coming out as a vegan in your social circle is a big deal. I know it shouldn’t be, but it’s understandable as so many of our experiences together are associated with food.

Special holidays, going out with friends, watching television are all things we commonly do when sharing a meal. I know my family has specific restaurants we go to on a regular basis.

So when you decide to do something differently, it can take some time for your loved ones to adjust.

I remember in the first six months of being vegan, watching those around me sigh and make comments because we chose not to eat certain foods anymore.

The good news, at least in my personal experience, is that your friends and family really come around and become super supportive over time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Holiday Gifts For Chocolate Lovers Drooling From Magnolia Bakery, Milk Bar & More

This holiday season, we're helping you go all out for the chocolate-obsessed person in your life. Whether you're looking for a holiday party dessert sampler or a world-famous banana pudding pack that can be shipped anywhere in the US, this roundup of the sweetest holiday gifts has got you covered. With limited edition and seasonal gift ideas from brands like Magnolia Bakery, Dylan's Candy Bar, Milk Bar, Godiva and more, there's something for every sweet tooth on this list. We highly recommend getting your shopping done early so your sweet treats will make it in time for your holiday celebrations, so keep reading to check out the most delicious gifts to give this year!Fans of Magnolia Bakery know that the store is known for its banana pudding (the bakery even launched a skincare product inspired by its signature dessert). Customers can also order a Thanksgiving sampler that should feed eight people, which includes a party bowl of banana pudding and a choice of apple...

Intermittent Fasting Made Me Lose 20 Pounds

About a year and a half ago, I set out to lose nearly two decades of weight I had put on thanks to desk jobs, poor eating, and an out-of-control soda addiction. At 5 feet 10 inches tall and 208 pounds (lb), I was looking to get to a goal weight of 168 lb, which is closer to what I weighed in college. Knocking some of the obvious targets out of my diet — Coca-Cola, pizza, bagels, and pasta — made a quick dent in my weight, and got me to 188 lb. It was a 20 lb weight loss in just a few weeks. When my weight began to stubbornly plateau at 188 lb, even after I joined a boxing gym, I asked for help. And that’s how I stumbled upon intermittent fasting, a style of eating that places more of a focus on when you eat instead of what you eat. Combined with exercise, this diet plan helped me reach 154 lb.The idea behind intermittent fasting is that it increases your metabolic rate, which helps you burn more calories. And by restricting the time periods during the day when you eat, you take in fe...