Skip to main content

IS VEGAN MAKING MY LIFE MORE POSITIVE?

Veganism has been a transformational journey for me. A journey about compassion and also a journey about pain. It still hurts me so deeply to see all of the sufferings in the world. At the same time, it warms my heart that people are becoming more open to this lifestyle and saving animals as a result. Besides this friction between pain and joy, they’ve been some other significant learnings since I became vegan almost three years ago. In this post, I’ll be sharing my honest experiences and lessons of what it’s like to be vegan. This is not a post about glorifying veganism. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.  I think many vegans are so focused on putting themselves in the best light in an attempt to inspire others to make the change. I get it. This very blog is a primeexample of that. However, there’s also value in absolute honesty in what it’s really like to live a vegan lifestyle. It’s refreshing to see the challenges and what you could potentially expect. Note: since publish...

Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)

Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)
Buy Healthy Food on Amazon Fresh Here (contain affiliate link)

Get Started on Amazon Audible

Get Started on Amazon Audible
Click on the image to learn more about Amazon Audible

Shangela Performed With Fried Chicken Down Her Dress on Dancing With the Stars

The Oct. 24 episode of Dancing With the Stars honored the classic crooner—who performed twice and served as a guest judge—with routines set to his songs from the 10 remaining celebrity contestants and their partners. But there was one performance in particular that really managed to leave a clucking impact. After RuPaul's Drag Race star Shangela and her partner Gleb Savchenko performed a tango routine to "Hollywood," she pulled out a piece of fried chicken in a reusable bag from down her dress and handed it to judge Len Goodman. Allow us to explain. Last week, Len told Shangela that her legs were "still not as crisp as I would really like to see." So, after their performance this week, Shangela asked Len, "Were my legs crispy?" before pulling out the chicken from the bust of her white dress. "My mama said make sure I give you this crispy chicken to make sure that my legs were just as crispy," Shangela continued. It's a whole new spin on the chicken dance! "Did you dance this entire time with a piece of chicken in your décolletage?" co-host Tyra Banks asked. Shangela then pulled out another piece of chicken from the other side of her dress, which Tyra then grabbed and a took a big bite, saying, "It's good!" Shangela and Gleb earned a score of 45 points, which was good enough to advance them to next week. The highest score of the evening went to Charli D'Amelio and Mark Ballas for their foxtrot to "Fever." The pair earned a perfect score of 50, including a 10 from guest judge Bublé. Judge Derek Hough called their performance "the best quality foxtrot I've ever seen on this show." Charli's mom Heidi D'Amelio and her partner Artem Chigvintsev earned a tie for second place with The Bachelorette's Gabby Windey and her partner Val Chmerkovskiy. Both pairs earned scores of 46 points. On the bottom of the leaderboard were actor Trevor Donovan and his partner Emma Slater and country star Jessie James Decker and her partner Alan Bersten. After Derek voted to save Jessie and judges Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli voted to save Trevor, it was left in the hands of senior judge Len, who voted to save Trevor, signaling the end of the road for Jessie. But it's not all bad news for the "Should Have Known Better" singer. "This has just been incredible," she said after being eliminated. "I always like to look on the bright side and the bright side is I get to take my kids trick-or-treating on Monday." source : E! news

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sweet Holiday Gifts For Chocolate Lovers Drooling From Magnolia Bakery, Milk Bar & More

This holiday season, we're helping you go all out for the chocolate-obsessed person in your life. Whether you're looking for a holiday party dessert sampler or a world-famous banana pudding pack that can be shipped anywhere in the US, this roundup of the sweetest holiday gifts has got you covered. With limited edition and seasonal gift ideas from brands like Magnolia Bakery, Dylan's Candy Bar, Milk Bar, Godiva and more, there's something for every sweet tooth on this list. We highly recommend getting your shopping done early so your sweet treats will make it in time for your holiday celebrations, so keep reading to check out the most delicious gifts to give this year!Fans of Magnolia Bakery know that the store is known for its banana pudding (the bakery even launched a skincare product inspired by its signature dessert). Customers can also order a Thanksgiving sampler that should feed eight people, which includes a party bowl of banana pudding and a choice of apple...

IS VEGAN MAKING MY LIFE MORE POSITIVE?

Veganism has been a transformational journey for me. A journey about compassion and also a journey about pain. It still hurts me so deeply to see all of the sufferings in the world. At the same time, it warms my heart that people are becoming more open to this lifestyle and saving animals as a result. Besides this friction between pain and joy, they’ve been some other significant learnings since I became vegan almost three years ago. In this post, I’ll be sharing my honest experiences and lessons of what it’s like to be vegan. This is not a post about glorifying veganism. In fact, it’s quite the opposite.  I think many vegans are so focused on putting themselves in the best light in an attempt to inspire others to make the change. I get it. This very blog is a primeexample of that. However, there’s also value in absolute honesty in what it’s really like to live a vegan lifestyle. It’s refreshing to see the challenges and what you could potentially expect. Note: since publish...

Intermittent Fasting Made Me Lose 20 Pounds

About a year and a half ago, I set out to lose nearly two decades of weight I had put on thanks to desk jobs, poor eating, and an out-of-control soda addiction. At 5 feet 10 inches tall and 208 pounds (lb), I was looking to get to a goal weight of 168 lb, which is closer to what I weighed in college. Knocking some of the obvious targets out of my diet — Coca-Cola, pizza, bagels, and pasta — made a quick dent in my weight, and got me to 188 lb. It was a 20 lb weight loss in just a few weeks. When my weight began to stubbornly plateau at 188 lb, even after I joined a boxing gym, I asked for help. And that’s how I stumbled upon intermittent fasting, a style of eating that places more of a focus on when you eat instead of what you eat. Combined with exercise, this diet plan helped me reach 154 lb.The idea behind intermittent fasting is that it increases your metabolic rate, which helps you burn more calories. And by restricting the time periods during the day when you eat, you take in fe...